[Cougar] Lower access gate trouble

k7cr k7cr at blarg.net
Tue Nov 5 15:28:54 PST 2019

Scott -

Thanks for the update-

Until I read Tim's comment that he could turn off the power and manually
open the gate...I did not know that this was possible (Thanks Tim)

Whereas we had the same issues a week ago, appears that the time has
come for those that maintain this thing to get serious about repairs.
This is a real PITA !

Clay Freinwald

On Tue, Nov 05, 2019 at 9:57am Scott Johnson  wrote:
> The lower gate at Cougar is owned by Cougar Mt. Peak Estates. After
> speaking with Otto Hansen the owner, he has added Ratelco Properties
> the account at Automated Gates. Ratelco Properties is now authorized
> call for service on the lower gate. If there is an issue with the
lower
> gate call my cell  (360) 620-2636 or the Office (425) 672-9700 and we
> will call for service.
> Scott
>
> From: Cougar  On Behalf Of K7CR via Cougar Sent: Tuesday, October 29,
2019
> 7:39 PM To: 'Tim Moore' ; 'Cougar Mt Users' ; 'Cougar Mt Transmitter
Site
> User's Group' Subject: Re: [Cougar] Lower access gate trouble
> Same logo on the door of the truck - I suspect this company has some
> internal communications issues. I called the Tech's Cell Number after
> calling their office and being disconnected.
> Clay
>
> From: Cougar [mailto:cougar-bounces at sea.sbe16.org] On Behalf Of Tim
Moore
> via Cougar Sent: Tuesday, October 29, 2019 5:01 PM To: Cougar Mt
> Transmitter Site User's Group Subject: [Cougar] Lower access gate
trouble

> Hello, today the lower gate was having issues and not opening. The
first
> instance was with Clay who met with someone and they reset the
controller
> via the rocker switch behind the little door on the motor/controller
> housing. When I went to leave about an hour later and it would not
open
> for me. I called Automated Gates and Equipment at 206-767-9080 and
they
> said that they did not dispatch anyone to the site for Clay and said
that
> I was not verified to call in. With a little discussion ,they sent a
tech
> over.  I'm not sure who helped Clay and either are they. The
technician
> checked battery voltage and hit the open button on the controller and
it
> opened. I was able to open with the key pad and with remote FOB after.
If
> the gate will not open you can turn the power off with the rocker
switch
> behind the little sliding door then pull it open and let Scott know.
> [Image] Sincerely, Tim Moore Chief Operator KOMO-TV KUNS-TV KVI AM
KOMO