[Cougar] Fwd: Cougar Repeater Scheduled Power Outage on Wednesday

shawn shawn at busymarvin.net
Wed Sep 11 17:58:41 PDT 2019

Forwarding a snip from the amateur radio list; it appears that there's
some generator miss configuration up there still.

--Shawn
--K7ATA

-----------
Hi All,

I was on-site during the planned Utility Power outage today on Cougar
Mountain.

The PSE Contractor was running late so the scheduled outage from 09:00
to 11:00 actually occurred from 11:05 to 13:04.  All the backup standby
generators on site kicked in when power was shut off, except for the one
powering Buildings B and E (ours).

Expecting something like this (based on past failures), I bought my own
Portable 2k Generator.  So at no time was the cougar repeater down.
During the outage, the repeater was running on my generator just fine.

Upon inspection of the failed standby generator, I noticed that the
control panel indicated the system was in OFF not Auto.  The cabinet was
locked, so I was unable to remedy this.