[SBE-89-Alaska] Tuner settings for Alaska XDS_PRO4Q receiver

Lance Hankins lance at lancehankins.com
Thu Dec 24 18:30:56 PST 2020

This is part of a post from when we changed birds and was written by Steve Hamlin. Use it to reset the frequency.
One of the issues we’ve had with these units is that a power outage sometimes resets the frequency to an old value instead of remaining on the correct one.
Let me know if this works. If not I’ll see if I can scrounge up the original tuning document for these.

Lance

Excerpt:
The frequency for your APRN XDS receivers will be changing next week.  As of this writing, we’re planning for Tuesday, November 19, at 11:00 AM.  A couple of weeks ago we moved from the old satellite to the replacement, but at the same frequency.  Now we are completing the work as we move the carrier off of transponder 24 and over to transponder 18.  Please watch for confirmation emails on that date/time.

The old frequency of 00966820 is changing to 01102730.  The ability to remotely and automatically make this adjustment inside your receiver is not active so this will be a manual change.  This will be a flash-cut.  The uplink will change to the new frequency at the pre-determined time.  Once that change is made all receivers tuned to the old frequency will unlock and show alarm status with signal lost.  At that time all receivers should be tuned to the new frequency as soon as possible to reacquire the signal.

Please consult these instructions to help you make the adjustment using the front panel controls on your XDS receiver.

To tune your XDS radio, press the following combination of buttons:   NOTE:  ^ is the up button, < is left, and so on.

SET
^  ^  ^
to get to the home screen; make a note of the current EB and AG readings.
SET
<  <
SET
<
SET
SET

You will see the frequency is represented by an eight-digit number.  This is what we need to change. Using the > and < arrows, move the cursor to the numeral to change.  Then use the up and down arrows to change the number as prescribed.  Repeat this procedure until all numbers match the pre-defined frequency

Currently set at
0
0
9
6
6
8
2
0
Adjust to
0
1
1
0
2
7
3
0

Once you have the correct numbers in place press:

SET  ^  ^   ^  to return to the home screen.

Wait for the receiver to lock to the APRN carrier indicated by the green signal light.  Make a note of new EB and AG readings for comparison to the initial readings.

If your receiver has problems please call, and watch for updates on the status of the carrier

Lance Hankins
Anchorage,AK

iPhone. iTypos. iApologize.