[SBE-89-Alaska] Sage ENDEC Firmware Update CR-Rev5

Paul Jewusiak radiopaul289 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 17:05:18 PDT 2020

News From Sage:

Thank you,
Paul Jewusiak

July 23, 2020

This message is from Sage Alerting Systems regarding your Sage Digital
ENDEC model 3644. It applies only to users in the United States.

Action required before October 28, 2020.

A signing certificate used by FEMA to validate CAP alerts will expire on
Oct 28, 2020, at 14:05:29 UTC. Sage has released a free firmware update
that you must install to permit your ENDEC to continue to receive EAS CAP
alerts from FEMA after that date.

This release also updates the SSL root certificates that your ENDEC must
have in order to download alert audio files from state or county alert
originators.

You must already be running the Rev95 release. Users without Rev95 stopped
validating CAP alerts in November 2019, and have been unable to connect to
the IPAWS server as of July 6, 2020.

Please read the release notes at
https://www.sagealertingsystems.com/release1-1/cr-rev5-release-notes.pdf
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=0014Nxfwv5b5JS20lGP6_OLsJF6vSpMsKH1l2AN5QozLy14U-YgaeEx9o16Vc9PxXvvzaZbBSNgIUg1TLIMwy5bUXAyOIGSTj_vX3jPCpoJhIy0HWUwiMVjcqHSDoHNWL1ZJ2ZSsOXkiuGrVAoInEhDriRk7U_C-m5oOxzv0Yo6xdSyg4pSXeQ0N8_V3zkPYXYT4p7zT68ejuE8Fjb-5BVeSw==&c=n4gDQZeoTC_Ah5VJ3nd-0B_jCSc2qc4wLv4BKGKScBvmS3blUZmpCA==&ch=Yx3pMPwvepMj1weGZ_x8I2yq_ZJpwsYyc8aVck-G-guaD01-ZGLl2g==>.
The installation process is straightforward, as is described in the release
notes. Installing this update will not change any of the settings on your
ENDEC.

If you have any questions regarding this update, please email us at
support at sagealertingsystems.com or call 914-872-4069 and press 1 for
support. If you get voice mail, please leave a message and we will call you
back.

Sage Alerting Systems | 800 Westchester Avenue, Suite 641 North, Rye Brook,
NY 10573
Unsubscribe radiopaul289 at gmail.com
<https://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=un&m=00103JE7AJ30A8ODohbqt30KA%3D&ch=33d7db20-b2b1-11e8-ba40-d4ae529a826e&ca=e01691b5-f048-45fb-ae48-525feccedfe0>
Update Profile