[SBE-89-Alaska] Fw: Studio Hub "MJ-DASDEC"

John Antonuk jantonuk at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 7 10:34:43 PST 2024

FYI,
It takes TWO of these to feed all four of the DASDEC inputs.
Each MJ-DASDEC takes 2 Studio Hub stereo analog +4dbm audio inputs and makes 2 mono analog 150 mV 3.5mm (1/8 inch) tip-ring-sleeve (TRS) mini plugs with the correct level for the cheesy computer audio line-in level jacks on the DASDEC monitor.  SH input #1 to TRS left and SH input #2 to TRS right.

Do not confuse this with the PROGRAM audio connections.  This is just the monitor inputs.

John Antonuk Technical Services

 jantonuk at yahoo.com

907-460-4288 cell

   ----- Forwarded Message ----- From: John Antonuk <jantonuk at yahoo.com>To: SBE89 <sbe-89-alaska at sbe16.org>; Steve Hamlin <steve at coastalaska.org>Sent: Friday, January 5, 2024 at 08:08:41 PM AKSTSubject: Fw: Studio Hub "MJ-DASDEC"
 All,

I am finally ordering one of these and it looks to be a great plug and play solution.

John Antonuk Technical Services

 jantonuk at yahoo.com

907-460-4288 cell
see previous message.....
 ----- Forwarded Message ----- From: John Antonuk <jantonuk at yahoo.com>To: SBE89 <sbe-89-alaska at sbe16.org>Cc: Michael Dosch <answers at angryaudio.com>Sent: Saturday, September 17, 2022 at 01:49:36 PM AKDTSubject: DASDEC monitor inputs
 Hi there,
Having struggled with the unbalanced, low level, split  left/right 3.5 mm plug for DASDEC monitor inputs I thought there must be a better way.
What if you could deliver +4 dbm balanced broadcast standard audio on an RJ45 with the Studio Hub standard and have it come out on a couple of 3.5 mm 3-conductor plugs at the correct "computer line in" level to feed the DASDEC?
No more crosstalk from accidentally connecting the "-" side of the balanced audio to ground, no more distortion from feeding +4 into a -10dbv input, no more cannibalizing mini-plug cords and rolling your own attenuator pads and building them out on barrier strips.

So I emailed Mike "Catfish" Dosch at Angry Audio.  He said he could do it for about $200 a pop.

   ----- Forwarded Message ----- From: John Antonuk <jantonuk at yahoo.com>To: SBE89 <sbe-89-alaska at sbe16.org>Sent: Saturday, September 17, 2022 at 03:36:57 PM AKDTSubject: Fw: Product idea - Studio Hub "MJ-DASDEC"
 This is just on paper but Catfish must have been bored today so he actually sat down and made this schematic.Cool, huh?
John

John Antonuk Technical Services

 jantonuk at yahoo.com

907-460-4288 cell

   ----- Forwarded Message ----- From: Angry Audio <answers at angryaudio.com>To: John Antonuk <jantonuk at yahoo.com>Sent: Saturday, September 17, 2022 at 03:22:09 PM AKDTSubject: Re: Product idea
 Schematic attached.
Audio 1 pro balanced stereo or mono to J1Audio 2 pro balanced stereo or mono to J2
Audio 1 summed and attenuated to J3 pair 1Audio 2 summed and attenuated to J3 pair 2
If you plug in a StudioHub CABLE-MINIM into J3, you’ll get:
Audio 1 on the tipAudio 2 on the ringShield referenced to the shield of your source equipment
What do you think?