[SBE16-Board] Important: February Luncheon this week!

jim at dalke.com jim at dalke.com
Sun Feb 5 21:05:52 PST 2023

Several efforts to have a presenter for our four-chapter northwest February
luncheon meeting have failed to pan out.

A recent Radio World article titled "Inside the NRSC's New Guidelines for
EAS Implementation" prompted my interest as a topic for our February
luncheon.

I have reached out to our SECC leaders without any positive response, late
notice notwithstanding.

I came across a recent 45-minute webinar presented to several state
associations of broadcasters "New Developments in EAS" produced by the
broadcast law firm Fletcher, Heald & Hildreth that covers both current EAS
regulations and practices for broadcasters, but also covers EAS regulation
changes coming this year.  ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMRUyqBpxj4 )

I am proposing we use this as our presentation for the February Luncheon.
We could do it Tuesday at the Round Table Pizza in Federal Way which is
reserved for Tuesday noon.  We could also do an all zoom presentation either
Tuesday or Wednesday.

I would like to decide Monday as early as possible so I can get an
announcement out.

Also open to any other suggestions.

Side note: my life has been complicated by a mild heart attack two weeks ago
and the subsequent changes in lifestyle, and I may have to cut back on my
chapter activities.