[SBE16-Seattle] LPFM's

Kelly Alford alfords at seanet.com
Mon Mar 18 16:23:26 PDT 2013

Whatever the final actual numbers, in my opinion LPFMs are just another
example of increased pollution of the FM broadcast band.  The Commission
allowed the AM band to be crammed with shoehorned signals in previously
viable markets, with the outcome over the past 10 years of becoming nothing
more than a cluster of poor audio quality talk and noise.

So here we go with the FM band, cramming-in more religious-based or other
hobbyist' that want to play radio.  It's certainly not helping the image of
broadcasting as a whole, but will instead drive new traditional radio
listeners to go the way with younger media consumers to on-line
entertainment and other forms of playing devices.

With the ease and inexpensive nature of setting up an online stream, free of
rules and regulations, the idea of LPFM is about 10 years too late in
concept.