[SBE16-Seattle] FW: Mary Lewis, W7QGP - Silent Key

Kelly Alford alfords at seanet.com
Mon Mar 25 03:11:06 PDT 2013

You're correct Arne, Mary and Harry both worked at the former KJR
transmitter site on the west waterway overnights for several years until we
finally received remote control authorization from the Commission.

Whether giving me with updates about Port of Seattle activity around the KJR
TX site, or when I had to occasionally dispatch to work on one of the
transmitters at 2AM, Mary always greeted me with the same bright smile and
positive attitude.  Besides being a wonderful employee, Mary was a friend
and ambassador to Amateur Radio and ARRL, whether volunteering as a VE, or
taking tickets at the Mike and Key Puyallup swap meet, Mary was to say the
least, a very active senior.  Most of us can only hope to be as full of
energy and engaged with our hobbies at that stage in life.

R.I.P. Mary.

Kelly Alford