[SBE16-Seattle] SBE Picnic video footage

Mike & Jeanie vintagesoda1 at att.net
Sat Aug 5 11:12:41 PDT 2017

Hello Friends!

We had a great time at the SBE picnic and got to meet people we didn’t know and reconnect with old friends as well. It was good to see Tom McGinley back in Seattle again.
For me it was a pleasure to reconnect with Jim Hatfield again after 32 years! Jim gave an excellent talk about the early history of KIRO-AM and its transmitter facility.
Thanks to Steve for being an excellent tour guide, and to Arthur and crew for staging a great picnic.

Jeanie and I were there with our trusty SONY 4K rig and captured some great footage of the picnic, transmitter building, nearby transmitters, and of course Jim’s presentation.
We have two videos posted on YouTube now for you to enjoy

PICNIC and TRANSMITTER TOURS: https://youtu.be/d0HGLvLFsSM    (33:05)
Jim Hatfield – History of KIRO Transmitter: https://youtu.be/LfY_-8mBHRw  (30:57)

Link to the channel where all of our videos live: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLeldoq27fcNpqeCJwmx-LA

TIP: If you click the gear at the lower right corner of the player, you can increase the resolution of the videos to HD or 4K.

Enjoy!
Mike & Jeanie