[SBE-89-Alaska] APRE Scholarship

Pierre Lonewolf plonewolf at kotz.org
Tue Oct 22 12:17:54 PDT 2019

I pass this on for my fellows in Alaska..............

The Association of Public Radio Engineers Board of Directors is pleased to announce the availability of scholarships to attend the 2020 Public Radio Engineering Conference (PREC), held at the Tuscany Suites, Las Vegas from April 15th to 17th, immediately preceding the annual NAB Show. Our goal is to attract a new audience to the conference with these scholarships. We are specifically interested in applicants who are new to the field of engineering or early in their careers and those from community and volunteer-based stations.
In an effort to make the PREC more accessible, this year we are excited to announce an expansion of the scholarship program. We are now offering all expenses paid scholarships, including transportation, to a limited number of recipients in addition to the partial awards covering registration and lodging.
The PREC is an excellent opportunity for professional development through targeted technical seminars, contact with broadcast equipment manufacturers, and networking with public radio colleagues.
More information and application instructions are here:
https://www.apre.us/content.aspx?page_id=22&club_id=602723&module_id=362984
-Dan Houg
APRE Board of Directors

--