[SBE-89-Alaska] DASDEC monitor inputs

John Antonuk jantonuk at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 17 14:49:36 PDT 2022

Hi there,
Having struggled with the unbalanced, low level, split  left/right 3.5 mm plug for DASDEC monitor inputs I thought there must be a better way.
What if you could deliver +4 dbm balanced broadcast standard audio on an RJ45 with the Studio Hub standard and have it come out on a couple of 3.5 mm 3-conductor plugs at the correct "computer line in" level to feed the DASDEC?
No more crosstalk from accidentally connecting the "-" side of the balanced audio to ground, no more distortion from feeding +4 into a -10dbv input, no more cannibalizing mini-plug cords and rolling your own attenuator pads and building them out on barrier strips.

So I emailed Mike "Catfish" Dosch at Angry Audio.  He said he could do it for about $200 a pop.
I told him I'd ask around.

John Antonuk Technical Services

 jantonuk at yahoo.com

907-460-4288 cell